donderdag 5 april 2012

Who am I?

Who am I? That's the question... And a difficult one too. I can tell you about my life, what I've done in the past, what I'm doing now and what I want to do in the future. But who I really am... You decide...

I will start with telling you about my present time. I'm married to a great man who's a carpenter. He's got two daughters from a previous marriage. When I came into their lives the girls were 8 and 6 years old. My husband's name is Frank and we've got married in a year. That means we will be married for 4 years on april 29 this year. My parents were married at that same date only 42 years before we've got married. So every year on that same date my parents take out the family for dinner. I have got an older brother and sister, but maybe my sister will not attend to this dinnerparty because she's always very busy living her own life and that doesn't include us. But enough about my family and dinnerparty...

As you will already know by reading this piece, I am a step-mom. Not the evil kind but the nice kind. That doesn't mean the girls can do whatever they want. No, I'm strict in a nice way. I try not to yell at them, and I must say I hardly ever yell. I raise my voice to be heard and explain them when I'm angry with them. If they don't agree they can tell me so and then we talk about it. Sometimes, but not that often, I am wrong and then I tell them so. I apologize to them and give them a hug and a kiss.
Normally I don't say I'm a step-mom, I always say I'm a borrow-mom (or should I say loan???) The girls can borrow me when they're at our house, because their mom lives somewhere else, obviously. Hahaha!

Today the 13 year old one, gave me a letter saying how much she loves me and sorry when she's behaving bad. She doesn't want to loose me. HOW SWEET!!! Knowing she's grounded for a month starting this week (she can't leave this house except for school of course).
Does this letter mean I'm a good mother? I hope so! I try my best, but sometimes it's very hard, adolescence kicked in... ;)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten