dinsdag 8 mei 2012

0 comments...

Why doesn't anyone read my blog??? Don't you want to know how a Dutch woman lives???
Okay, I must admit, it isn't the most interesting thing on earth, but I wish someone would read and comment my blog. Do I sound desperate? Yes, I do!

Did I tell you I make encaustic art? No, I didn't, not yet. Well... I make encaustic art. You can see my work on my own site www.ericakanters.nl. Maybe you want to take a look? When you take a look at my site don't get afraid of the Dutch words and simply go to www.ericakanters.nl/bijenwastekeningen and see some of my work. Bijenwastekeningen is the Dutch word for Encaustic Art. 

Encaustic art is made by heating coloured beeswax applied to special paper by using an iron. This is the short definition. Of course you can look it up at the internet, so why should I bother when you can find it yourself. Not that I don't want to explain it to you, but it's difficult to put into English words for me. Anyhow... to tell something more about the way I work...
Sometimes I make drawings on request. When I do so, I also make pictures of part of the drawing and tell them what I see in those. Most of the time I tell them about them. People can't believe I can see those things in the drawing, but it's true. The first drawing I made for a man I only knew through internet by his nickname. I didn't know if he was married or anything of his personal life. What I told him made him wonder how I knew those things... I was amazed as well, because I didn't know I was talking about his personal life. The only thing I thought I did was telling a story about my drawing (or part of it, anyway)...

But, most of the time I just start making drawings without thinking about anything. I have to have a clear head and that's very difficult I can tell... Try not to think about anything and you start thinking about something. Strange how the brain works. So I start ironing (with beeswax of course...). The first drawing I make not with a clear head so immediately after the first one I make another one. This is the one with a clear head. I have to keep practising clearing my head. One day my all my first drawings will be made clear, not thinking at all, just draw or should I say iron... ;)

This is the last piece I made...


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten